Tuesday, July 29, 2008

What motivates you?

This is a question, that a lot of people may think they know, yet they don't really know. Up until recently I always thought money motivated me. But you know what, the lack of money, or the fear of NOT having it is what motivates me, so when I have a little and I'm comfortable i feel like my motivation level's drops a little.

I know I want to be successful in REI. I want to because I want to be able to provide my future family a good life. Not to mention, I don't like to work for someone else, I haven't had a J-O-B since early 2005.

When I face challenges in my ebay business, a slow week in sales, or a negative feedback which was totally undeserved (you know sellers can't leave negative feedbacks for deadbeat buyers, so some buyers leave negz out of spite even if they were in the wrong..ranting) So anyway, when I feel like I'm totally sick and tired with ebay I am VERY MOTIVATED in my REI business, then when I have a good week in sales, or whatever making decent money then I feel like my motivation goes down a little.

So I've come to the conclusion, it's the FEAR that motivates me, not money itself.

I think it's an important concept to understand.

Before, I really thought it was money, and with that mindset I would always reach a cap. Now that I know it's FEAR, I know I can change my affirmations accordingly to always stay motivated.

When I thought money motivated me, these were my affirmations:
1) I am a money tree, everything I touch turns into money.
3) Money comes easily in my life.
3) I always have an abundance of money to meet my needs
ETC...


Now, I'm stuck. I'm trying to think of some good affirmations related to the FEAR I speak of, if you have any please share!!

I challenge you, to really sit back and see what it is that motivates you, you may be surprised..like me, but I'm glad I had a realization. I'm pretty sure a lot of people start out thinking the same way, that money motivated them.. but really it's something else.

No comments: